Sunday, April 20, 2008

Perspective in work

"Well, now is the right time to listen, the day to be helped. Don't put it off; don't frustrate God's work by showing up late, throwing a question mark over everything we're doing. Our work as God's servants gets validated-or not-in the details. People are watching us as we stay at our post, alertly, unswervingly. . .in hard times, tough times, bad times; when we're beaten up, jailed, and mobbed; working hard, working late, working without eating; with pure hearts, clear head, steady hand; in gentleness, holiness, and honest love; when we're telling the truth, and when God's showing his power; when we're doing our best setting things right; when we're praised, and when we're blamed; slandered, and honored; true to our word, though distrusted; ignored by the world, but recognized by God; terrifically alive, though rumored to be dead; beaten within an inch of our lives, but refusing to die; immersed in tears, yet always filled with deep joy; living on handouts, yet enriching many; having nothing, having it all. I can't tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn't fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren't small, but you're living them in a small way. I'm speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively! 2 Corinthians 6: 2-15 (The Message)

This passage is encouraging to me and reminds me to "reframe" all the craziness that is going on in my life right now. Living 'openly and expansively' is not always convenient or easy, and it is good. I just wanted to share. . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.

Terah Lynn said...

T-
What a great passage...I love how The Message reads. Thanks for the food for thought... T2

Devin and Tiffany said...

Hey Tracee, you are one of the only people I know that blogs and I got tagged so I am tagging you, I know its kinda lame, but oh well, kinda fun! Love reading your blog and I think about you often!

Devin and Tiffany said...

Oh ya go to my blog to see the rules