Thursday, April 10, 2008

Gestalt and Dreams

Rarely do I remember my dreams and last night was one of them. Vehicles were meant to be driven on roads. However, in my dream I was driving on a walking path in the middle of Acacia Park. (This is very interesting because I don't even like it when people ride bicycles on sidewalks.) Another unusual trait was that someone was having a yard sale in the middle of the park. I was driving around clothes and trees until I came upon the girl hosting the sale in the middle of the path. She was sitting, pricing and enjoying the event along with others. She wouldn't move and I was mad at her, while respecting her unwillingness to back down to me. I ended up backing up, leaving the park and rejoining the road I belonged on. As I've been reading a lot about Gestalt therapy, which does a lot of dream work, I decided to try it on myself. It was very interesting as I actually discovered a few key things about myself, too personal to share on a public blog. It's not about interpreting the dream, it's about experiencing the dream from different view points. At first I looked at it from the cars perspective, then the path's perspective. If you are a therapist, I sound sane, if not then I'm sure I come across crazy. Pieces of both are true. Ha!

No comments: